- This is one of our favorite things to do... it's always so pretty, clean, and safe. It's even nicer since the Sundance Square renovations have been completed. Our favorite desserts in the area include:
2. Rent a kayak or canoe on the Trinity River (Fort Worth, TX)
- This makes for an amazing view of the skyline, plus a nice escape from the busy city.
3. Picnic in and explore one of the local parks
- There are so many in the DFW area... don't overlook this luxury.
- You don't have to book a room to enjoy the gardens, shops, and restaurants.
5. Take in a movie at Coyote Drive-In (Fort Worth, TX)
- There are very few drive-in theaters left. Take advantage of this while you can.
6. Check out the Fort Worth Stockyards
- It's worth visiting at least once... even if you're not normally into the cowboy thing (how could you not be?). This is quintessential Texas, and you may even enjoy a Friday night rodeo.
7. Visit the Fort Worth Zoo
- Who says the zoo is only for kids? Fort Worth happens to be home to one of the top 10 zoos in the country.
8. Enjoy a play at the Winspear Opera House
- Also known as the AT&T Performing Arts Center
- This is such a cool venue... and several different events are hosted here. Check out their calendar to see what's coming up next!
- My husband and I never do anything 'touristy' unless friends come to visit. We should really get out and do more.
- Grab a camera and go find the BIG sign in Dallas, check out the JFK Memorial, take a segway tour... there really are so many things to do in this area.
10. Visit any of our museums
- Dallas Museum of Art, Modern Art Museum, Kimbell Art Museum, Perot Museum, Vintage Flying Museum... to name a few.
11. View the Dallas skyline from the Reunion Tower GeO-Deck
- Amazing views of the city are only an elevator ride away.
Guys -- these sessions make great gifts!
What are some of your favorite things to do in this area?
I love having new places to check out for date night. :)